Business cards can be an extremely effective, useful marketing tool. These 3.5″ x 2″ cards hold more power than many realize. They help express your identity as it relates to your company. There are endless options when it comes to format, design, color, typography that can make your business card a great networking, marketing and branding tool for both yourself and your business.
Keep in mind these design principles:
• Leave some empty space. Don’t feel the need to fill up the entire card with text or images.
• Make sure text alignment is correct. Small errors like unintentionally off-centered text portray a lack of caring.
• Don’t use too many different typefaces or typefaces that are difficult to read.
• DO, however, add some contrast! 2 contrasting typefaces can be very aesthetically pleasing. For example: A bold sans serif with a lighter, thinner script or italicized font.
More Tips for A Ultra-Effective Business Card
Use High Quality Paper
• This is the first impression people will have of you and your company. You want them to associate you with terms like ‘high quality’ and ‘professional’.
• If you want to be able to write on the card when handing it out, stay away from a glossy paper.
Watch for Information Overload
• Don’t attempt to fit every bit of information on your business cards. You’ll likely lose the recipient’s attention this way.
• Encourage redirection to learn more about the business by including website, social media info, contact info, etc.
• Think carefully about your color choices. Be sure to keep them consistent with your brand.
• Make sure the color isn’t too light and therefore, difficult to read.
• The website colourlovers.com allows you to post your color palette and other’s comment on it.
Try an Eye-catching Finish
• Take advantage of some of your options for specialty effects.
• Embossing, foil stamping, die cutting and spot varnishing are all great finishing touches that add an interesting design element. Learn more about our finishing options here!
Proof Your Work
• Double check for any spelling or grammar mistakes.
• Ask others to proof your business card, as well. A fresh pairs of eyes can more easily spot a mistake.
Every individual in a company can make a huge impact. By successfully branding yourself, you’ll in turn help brand your company. People associate you with your company, so the impression you make on them is extremely important. Whether you work for your own small business or for a large corporation, it’s important to remember that the way you present yourself is a strong reflection on your company. You want to ensure you are representing the company (and yourself) in the best way possible.
Your brand is what sets you a part from the competition. Your professional identity and your company’s image go hand in hand. Many times, your business card is the first impression potential customers will have of you and your company. Make it count! Contact EBC Printing to learn how we can help you design and print your business cards. We were recently voted #1 Commercial Printer by readers of Lehigh Valley Business!