Do you have loved ones who live out of state? Maybe you just won’t get the chance to see a friend or family member before Christmas? Shipping a gift is a great way to show people you’re thinking of them this Holiday season. Express Business Center is here to help with all your Holiday Gift Packaging and Shipping needs. We provide shipping service with all major carriers: UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS. We’ll compare rates and make sure that you get the best price possible. Our store has an ample inventory of packing supplies and various size boxes and envelopes- everything you need to ship all your gifts! We put together a comprehensive list of our best tips for successful shipping this Holiday Season.
First, you’ll want to take the necessary steps so your package arrives to your gift recipient safely.
- Don’t squeeze your gift into a shipping box! Make sure there is some wiggle room to add cushion.
- Now fill up that empty space with some cushioning. Peanuts and wadded paper work well. We have options in store!
- No newspaper! It doesn’t work well as cushion.
- Don’t reuse boxes that are bent, dented, torn, floppy, or creased!
- Avoid masking tape or duct tape. Nylon Reinforced packing tape is your best bet.
- Consider insurance if you are shipping a very expensive gift.
- We have very special “Instapak Foam in Place” packing technology for even the most fragile of gifts. Stop in to see how it works!
Shipping Christmas cookies or other food gifts?
- Make sure all food is wrapped very securely in foil.
- Only ship perishable food items early in the week so they don’t sit in a facility over the weekend.
- Include ice packs if needed, or consider styrofoam sheets and silica gel packets to help keep things fresh.
- Give the recipient a heads up as to when they can expect the package to arrive.
- Go with the fastest shipping option possible
- If sending glass jars or containers, use extra cushioning.
Add some pizzaz!
- Wrap the gift before you pack it up in a shipping box. Do not wrap the shipping box!
- Try some confetti inside the box to really surprise the recipient!
- We have Christmas Stamps available to make your Holiday Cards even more festive.
Remember to watch out for deadlines! Make sure your package gets to the recipient in time for Christmas by paying attention to shipping deadline dates for carriers. We’re always here to help with any questions you have about deadlines, price, and safe shipping practices. Stop by the store or contact us today!